Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Saturday. Oh, blessed happy Saturday. It was one of those days when you wake up and realize that it's all in your hands and life is going to be what you make it in your small crafting way. Thus enters George's the divine bartender queen, The Beloved Cooter. Work was great. For those of you who don't know, I have a 'real' job that brings me 'real' money, but on Saturdays I work the day shift at a local bar called George's. It's this one day a week that makes me happy (until football Saturdays happen... I'm not a Hawk fan. Bad thing to be in this town). But my regulars are wonderful and there's just something about serving others that makes me feel good. Even if it is the last legal drug.

My friend, Nuclear Nick had called me the night before to tell me he and his beloved, Kristen, were in town and would be down sometime after my shift. Miz Meems and Mister Mullet (sorry, sweet... but I'm trying to protect the anonymity of some folk that may not wish to be identified) had come in to watch the Cubs that afternoon, and when I got off work at 6:30, we grabbed the confessional, relaxed and talked about the direction of the wind and other neccessary whatnots.

Eventually, Mark came in, MM and MM left, Skippy arrived, then Victor, then Nick and Kristen. People came, people went.. our table had grown in proportion. Even though it was one night, my 'family' was back. I got to tell people how much I love them. And it felt good.

I can't do justice to the feelings that swarmed over me that night. It was just good. Happy. And I can't wait to go to Minneapolis for Nick and Kristen's wedding.

Peace. Out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...