Monday, August 30, 2004

Tidbits, about *um* me (working title: Lazy Person's Post)

Last night when I was having dinner with my parents, my sister and her family, my niece said, "Auntie Ang, I love you too much ever after." I got a little weepy.

I broke my back once trying to stop a fight between a couple when I worked as a bartender at the Deadwood. That little bastard. I sued him for hospital bills... and had $97 left over. I think I spent it on pot.

Less than a year later, I broke a cheekbone on a high school wrestler's fist as he and four of his friends tried to rid College Green Park (aka 'Rape Park') of my 'kind'... which, at the time, seemed to be hippies. (Incidentally, I was never a hippy... those kids were just stoopid).

I've had my heart broken. Twice (and a half). It's mending nicely.

Tonight I went to the store and forgot what I went to get, but spent $15 anyway. God I hate that.

Today for the first time in MONTHS, my desk at work is clean.

I never went to my high school prom. Senior prom (1983) I made my boyfriend take me to see "Gandhi"... we broke up soon thereafter.

I haven't been 'popular' since the 4th grade.

I have a lot to say, but not the vocabulary for it.

My dog still has a fascination with 'feminine products'.

I love mead. I love Amos de la Keecherton Preggy Swangan for bringing it into my life. And I can't wait for my next niece to be born mid-November.

Scott gave me a book for my birthday called How to Good-bye Depression by Hiroyuki Nishigaki which is one of the biggest gut-blasters of all time.

Jason got me a "classic" Mr. Potato Head and a box of REAL Barnum's animal crackers.

I am lucky enough to have some of the best people in the world as friends. And getting to know more.

Mel Gibson bugs the hell out of me.

Bugs Bunny cartoons are still my favorite... always wanted to do an anthropology of cartoons, but have never been incredibly driven.

Mrs. Gilman (my fourth grade teacher) was always my favorite. In college, Dr. Paul Durrenberger was my mentor.

People who don't let their lips meet when pronouncing an 'M' bug the hell out of me. DO NOT speak with your pearly whites. That's disgusting.

I can't stand lotion, but 'wear' it from time to time when my skin feels like a damn elbow on the Jolly Green Giant.

I'm not a girly girl... but damn, there are days I wish I was...

I use the word "I" too much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...