Saturday, October 16, 2004

The beauty of a few and the pathos of the weak...

Problem stated at its most succinct - is life too short to be taking shit or is life too short to mind it?
~Violet Weingarten
I love my life. Really, I do. My friends (the real ones, not the two-faced mindless acquaintances that will greet you with a smile and then plunge a knife in your back) are amazing. Amy, Roger, Mimi, Scott, Todd, Mark, Marco... I would do absolutely anything for any one of these people, and they for me. There are others with whom I have a great affinity, but this post would get too long and boring, so I had to stop at lucky seven...
Amy is my best friend ever. I know that sounds somewhat sophomoric, but it's true. I love this woman like she's my own sister. She's a big part of who I am today and there aren't the words to convey just how very much she means to me. The only thing I regret is that we don't live closer to each other. I miss you, Keech.
Roger is my knight in shining armor. He will stand up for me, even if it's not the most 'popular' stance to take. And I love him for telling the Twitch to never touch me again... under any circumstances. Unfortunately, between grad school and his hacking job, I don't see him nearly enough (and my feet are in desperate need of his magic touch). I will do shots of pure evil with him even when it's against my better judgment.
Mimi is one of the strongest women I know (we call the big one Mouthy). She doesn't bow to the opinions of others and is always more than happy to oblige when someone needs their shit pulled to the curb... and she's provided this service for me on a few occasions. She can tell anyone when they're misbehaving and they will graciously thank her. I wish I had her strength, warmth and conviction (not to mention those incredible southern manners!). She is also the only one who can get me to attend 'church services' and write songs about Jesus.
Pooter. Heh heh. His clarity of thought never seems clouded by uncertainty or emotion. His super power lies in his ability to make the thunderheads go away. He takes care of things and is one of the most giving people I know. He has also, singlehandedly, reawakened my interest in music and the desire to go back to school. He's going through a big 'pee' phase now that I don't fully comprehend, but that's ok. He's Pooter.
Todd aka Skippy is the enigmatic one. Always on the lookout for the evil Big Brother. He's cautious and hopeful. And there's this side to him that seeks beauty whereever it lies. Right now, I'm guessing it's in his gardens waiting to awaken in the spring. He's the one that can, just by poking me in the shoulder, turn my day around. He's a true gentleman.
Mark makes me pause. He's perhaps the most patient man I have ever met. He thinks things out at his own pace, and when he says something, you know he means it. As someone who doesn't always think before she opens her mouth, I admire this quality. He also possesses an enormously large heart; I can't tell him enough that I love him. He just brings out love.
Marco. My innuendo-slinging hamster-minded freak. It's amazing that I can have so much in common with a man. Like Mark, he also thinks very carefully before he speaks... mostly. And even though he's in Baton Rouge, there are days that I can still feel his presence HERE. And it's damn comforting.
All of these people mean something very special to me, whether we've known each other for six years or for twenty. They will always be my friends, and for that, I am the luckiest woman in the world.
I was going to write a few words regarding those who don't understand the meaning of friendship, but I guess for right now, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO MIND (BULLSHIT).
Have a great Saturday, my friends.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...