Wednesday, November 24, 2004

T-minus...

It's the day before a four-day weekend. A lot of businesses have closed their doors for the day. Many people are sitting back ticking away the last half-hour of time before a gluttonous, hedonistic weekend begins. Not me. Of course, I'm quickly blogging, but in reality I'm taking a break from a project that will make me scream and ruin my weekend if I let it.

Less than two hours ago my boss handed off an RFP (Request for Proposal) to me. Usually, these are not that big of a deal to complete. A little research, a little language, and ta-DAH! You're done. Not this one. I've been in this situation before. It's an RFP for a federal job. This means hoops, hoops and more hoops. As I was perusing the nine page instruction manual (in very small print), I read "Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average a total of 29 hours per response... including the time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information."

It's due at 5 p.m. on ***oh you guessed it** MONDAY. Even if it were to take me half the time generously allotted above, that would still make it a physically impossible for me to pull off. Unless, of course, I come in this weekend.

My boss is sometimes a complete and utter fucktard. However, this had better translate into one hell of a hefty year end bonus. Right now, I want a fucking beer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...