Tuesday, November 02, 2004

To quote Keanu Reeves: "Whu?"

I was #38 at my polling place this morning. There's something about going there and being nice to the volunteers, placing my ballot on the belt and sliding it gently forward into the mouth of the machine, getting the little 'I Voted' pin, and walking out, head held high for having done my civic duty of casting one vote to oust W.

Such was the very beginning of my day. And then I got to work. Ten minutes late. Ten minutes. And my boss rather indignantly berated me. I mean, for FUCK'S SAKE, Asshat, the fate of the free world lies in the balance and you're bitching about ten frikkin' minutes?! WTF?

And then he left to go drive folks to the polls. Nice to have a day off, eh, John?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...