Thursday, June 09, 2005

Calm thoughts

Happy thoughts. I need to make some changes in my life. Probably the biggest one is to teach myself to be more positive about things. It's too easy to get down about things and even easier to STAY that way. But something's gotta give; I'm extremely tired of living by the rules that are laid out before me. Rules (to be fair) that I continue to heed out of some ingrown lack of faith in my ability to break them. Hmpf!

We all have our ideal lives tucked away inside our hearts. Some people may even get to live theirs, while others think the image of it is as real as it gets. Well, why CAN'T everyone have what they want? Life, opportunities... it's all infinite. Isn't Life What We Make It?

My ideal life is pretty simple: I want my own home with a nice, spacious kitchen and a big back yard with room for Gus and a garden or two. And, eventually, I want someone with whom to share life, to explore it, travel. I don't need a lot of money, but enough to not have to worry about how to pay the mortgage and to have some left over for travel would be pretty sweet. Barring that, I'd take money trouble over love trouble any old day. (Which reminds me: Miz Meems, CHURCH is callin' you!!)

I think what it boils down to is the ability to see and appreciate what we already have, feel good about it and then, like an outgrown pair of shoes, change into a better fit. Don't know about the rest of you, but it's time I started growing again.

Question is: what are you doing to achieve the life YOU wish to lead?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...