Thursday, June 23, 2005

Just who is this Murphy guy anyway?!

Well a good and happy Thursday to you, my little Munchkins!! I am wishing for you all the best, meaning I sincerely hope you are not having a day like mine.

Not that it's the worst thing in the world that could happen... but it's frustrating to the nth degree and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. You see, I'm at work (aka the Appreciation Factory). My boss decided to have a company here in town MAKE me a new computer because he was worried that my trusty Dell was past its prime. Hmphf! I'll tell ya: this new computer is less than a day old and it AIN'T workin'!! My mouse is frozen, it doesn't recognize my printer, can't get online, yadda yadda yadda. I know: a computer is only as smart as the person behind, right? What I say to that is I'm damn glad not to be the person who pieced it together, 'cuz something tells me when Das Boss gets back this afternoon, there's going to be hell to pay.

But, there are ways to keep the sanity. You see, me leetle dearies, I had the foresight to bring in my laptop. Currently, it is the only working computer in this office... I must hide it from my boss, for I am certain he would find a way to corrupt my little baby. At least I can get online from my own little port in the storm...

Fortunately, it is 'bout time for lunch. I think a salad and a lorazepam sounds good. Don't you? Or perhaps a few martinis? Decisions, decisions... Oh, and here's a question: can I charge the computer 'guru' for the hours I've lost this morning due to his incompetent nature? Or should I just deduct it from the astronomical invoice we'll be getting for this giant hunk of shit he created?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...