Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Part of a lifetime

I snagged this from Restless Angel. Why? 'Cuz I'm lazy and it looked like a fun one. Bite me. Oh, and it is a truncated version 'cuz of time constraints on my part and/or I didn't like the damn question.

10 years ago, I... had just moved into my current apartment over the bar; was working full-time for the state archaeologist and part-time as a bartender; was on a sand volleyball team; was dating a guy who's now a prof at Notre Dame; and was in the best frikkin' shape of my life.

5 years ago, I... bought my first bra (believe it or not); started working for my current boss; wondered where I'd be in five years.

1 year ago, I... hmm... um... it was a Monday, much like any other Monday... guess I was doing pretty much what I'm doing now. Oh, the Viking and I had taken different turns and weren't exactly speaking. Kind of like now, only different.

Yesterday, I... worked the standard 8 hours; went clothes shopping; had a few beers with friends; went home and made pork chops and sauteed mushrooms and watched "Family Guy". Thrilling, n'est-ce pas?

Today, I... am working. Again. Can't get out of it, y'know. But when I get off (work, that is), I'm heading to Old Brick to pick up some material for Table to Table (a volunteer organization that collects food from various businesses and distributes it throughout the community) and I'ma gonna create a calendar for them. Should be fun. Then I s'pose I'll go directly home and play with it.

Tomorrow, I... am going to shower. After that, it's a free-for-all.

5 snacks I enjoy... chips 'n salsa, celery (frikkin' love the stuff...), frozen Ding Dongs, braunschweiger (a tiny bit on a cracker about once a year... then the poog gets the rest of it) and **PISTACHIOS**!!

5 songs I know all the words to... "Piss Up a Rope" (Ween); "Soulful Dress" (Sugar Pie DeSanto); "Talk of the Town" (the Pretenders); "In My Life" (the Beatles); and "Mr. Egyptian" (Jon Wayne)

5 things I would do with $100,000,000... 1. Give money; 2. Spend money; 3. Burn money; 4. Roll around in money; 5. Throw money around. During all of this, however, I would remain most gracious, level-headed and magnanimous.

5 locations I would love to run away to... Greece, Italy, Bora Bora, Ireland and the Galapagos Islands. No particular order...

5 bad habits I have... I can procrastinate for hours on end; I chew the inside of my mouth when I'm bored; I think evil thoughts; I pick at scabs (my own, that is); and if you're one of my male friends with a wacky eyebrow hair, I try to pluck it (ever notice how most guys have ONE weird-ass hair above their eyes?)

5 things I like doing... reading before bed; doing the Sunday New York Times crossword in the morning while drinking coffee and listening to some good, mellow jazz; playing with my dog... he's a goof; cooking for my friends; and anything creative as long as I have the attention span for it.

5 things I would never wear... foundation, a white belt, press-on nails, stiletto heels or my heart on my sleeve (that is, again).

5 biggest joys of the moment... Right here? Right now? Well, I'm at work (yes, I get a fifteen minute break)... um... 1) my orange La Croix tastes good, 2) there are birds in the tree right outside my window... they flit in and out and it's fun to watch them... except when they fly into the window, 3) the air conditioning, 4) the thought that I'm off work in about 2.5 hours, and 5) this moment. No, this one...

5 favorite toys... My laptop, my Pentax, my calphalon collection (does that count?), my new ionizing tower fan, and GUS. Hey, he's a toy dog, right?

5 people to tag... In the immortal words of Restless Angel: "How about take it if you want it, because I'm not going to tag anyone."

Comments:
10 years ago I was getting ready to move into my first home. Ahhh, the memories!
 
And 10 years later making yet another big change in your life, eh? You're the queen, Peach!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...