Sunday, July 02, 2006

Morning, noon or night?

Are you a morning person... a night person... a nooner? Tell me why.

I'm a morning person and always have been (except for about 10 years or so in the 80s-90s). You know the saying: there's a time and a place for everything, and it's called 'college'. Yeah. Come to think of it, I was probably always awake and semi-coherent in the early mornings back then... before I went to bed. Hmm...

As a child, my father would awaken my sister and me around 5:30 am, Monday through Saturday to take us to our grandma's while he went to work at the dairy. If it was summertime, I'd hop on my bike and ride around, waiting for my friends to wake up. It always stymied me that kids my age could actually sleep until 10. After all, as Dad always said, "Morning is the best time of the day. Everything is still right." I liked it even then, but it was also the lonliest part of the day to me.

But as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the stillness of the early morning. Everything is fresh, starting over. The whole day (b)looms before you. It's not lonely at all. It's quiet and peaceful. And it's the best time to get ME TIME. You know what I'm talking about. Sitting around in your jammies, coffee, cartoons... Yeah, I still watch cartoons. 'The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy' is on right now. Love it. I've got a load of laundry in, the critters are being lazy. Here they are:

Gus (of course), Felix and Rufus (left to right) in the windows. Oh, and lookie at the upper right hand corner. That's a piece called "Home" that I got from Kelly Moore after I moved into this house. I love it. (Please check out his site linked on the right... the guy is fabulous AND a poet.)

Well, I've babbled enough for now. Time to start more laundry, and now that it's almost 8, I can go mow my yard before it rains. Here's wishing you all a wonder-full holiday weekend. Be safe.

Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...