Friday, August 17, 2007

Week in Highlights

Monday:
I was actually excited to go back to work after a week off on vacation. It was productive and then I hooked up with some friends for a few cocktails after work. Life goes back to normal. (So really, there was no highlight to Monday... after all, it IS Monday.)

Tuesday:
I was out in the side yard dinking around with the gooseneck loosestrife. A woman I've seen a few times before who lives down the road, stopped when she saw me. "Your yard looks great! All the work you've done on it has really paid off, and I wanted to tell you that we've noticed." Damn... that made my day.

Wednesday:
Took a tour and then joined the North Dodge Athletic Club. Woo hoo!! And my employer will pay for it. I can't wait to tackle weight training again. Then I went home and tried a new recipe - Shrimp and Scallop Arrabbiata. Good flavor, but there are some things I would change. I always try a recipe as it is given... THEN make it my own.

Thursday:
My friend Skippy and I went out after what had been a particularly frustrating day at work for me. We shot pool (HE KICKED MY ASS, 8-2), ate greasy bar food, drank much Stoli and played the jukebox the entire time. An all-around great night to bleed out frustrations, and the perfect ending: "Life in a Northern Town" by Dream Academy was the final song we played. I love that song... sue me.

Friday:
It is Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who dat snappin' back? |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? 'Cuz it oughta be...